Wednesday, August 16, 2017

I am weak, He is strong...







About 20 years ago, I began a prayer letter, at the suggestion of my mentor then.  As I began to write

my writings became similar to a  journal.  It also was me praying to God.  Asking others to pray for

me and my family along with other concerns.  My faith grew and it was therapy also.  I could

see things in my heart,

I could not see before.


I sent my writings to a small group.  As time went go the the group grew.  My friend suggested I

began a blog.

My co -writer and friend of mine edited the devotionals.  I am not a good writer.  It is very hard for me

to reread my writings for some reason..  Writing too much was also a problem.  It was hard for me

to think God wanted me to write with such limitations.  But the thoughts would come and I could

not dismiss them until they were put in print.


Since that time I have narrowed and limited my prayer letter.  It is usually for very important request.

I did not have the faith that my prayers were answered,  like those that I ask to pray.  The prayers

that I sent seemed answered in my heart, even before I sent them.


Hmmm my faith was more in those few righteous saints than in my own prayers.


Learning to pray has been a journey for me.  I do believe in the power of prayer.  I believe God

listens and answers our prayers.  Yes, even the prayers I pray now is in faith.


Not only that, but our relationship in loving God and others is a major part of praying.  Having His

desires become ours.


The Spirit illuminates my heart and mind.  The Father is pleased to reveal His desires and will to us

in His time.


Jesus is praying for us.  The Spirit groans with prayers and intercession for us.  Does that blow you

away?  It does me.  We are in the communion of the Trinity.


I was praying the other morning in fear.  I did not know why.  I thought I am weak but my God is my

rock and my salvation.  He is my strong tower.  Most of the morning and early afternoon was spent in

fear, that was a mystery to me.  Learning to trust God about things I don't know or understand is the

place I have been lately.  God is stretching my faith once again.



I am reading a book on women of faith in the underground church.  One young mother was capture in a village in Africa.  Her child and husband was taken prisoner by the muslims who were not christians.  She went through all kinds of beatings.  As she was beaten, she would respond "the blood of Jesus is all powerful".  She could not understand why these beatings had not kill her.  But she knew that God had spared her for a purpose.

She was united with her family in the end.  She had her own battles of faith in her mind...Had she betrayed her family.  At times the inner turmoil was more difficult to handle than the physical abuse she had endured.  She loved her family and God so much.  The thoughts of her betraying them was more than she could bare.


I was sharing with a friend the story.   Her comment was, do you think we do not even know what suffering for Jesus really is.  The story was a motivation to press on in difficult times.  I told her ordinarily I would have taken the position that today most of us don't know what it is to keep the faith, instead...The Spirit gave me a picture of the struggles in my life and the lives of my friends.  We all enter into a battle to believe and have faith.  At times we trust God and there were times we doubt.  We deal with heart issues, pride and our wills.

God has a plan for His children to glorify Him.  To display His power before the heavens.  To pour

out His glory before them.


I shared with my friend.  I said this is our captivity.  This is our cross.  This is our suffering and joy.

God is the author and we play the role He has designed for us, with mercy and grace.


We are to encourage each other to keep the faith no matter how small our circumstances seem to be,

in comparison to the hero's of the faith, Hebrews 11.  Trusting Christ is a gift He gives us.  Faith also

comes by hearing.  We are to speak the gospel to each other.  Remind each other of the love of God

for us.  Strengthen each.  Share each others burdens.  Encourage in the faith.   To keep our eyes on

Jesus.  The author and finisher of our faith.



God is about building His Kingdom

and taring ours of self serving down.

His Kingdom come,

His will be done.

on Earth as it is in Heaven....


The Father knows what is in our lives, that will bring the most glory.  He knows the plans He has for us.  Remembering that He is good.  He is for us in the battle of faith.  As we trust Him by His power, glory comes.







We are not alone.

He never leaves us.

He gives us the gift of the body of Christ

In our weakness, we learn to lean into His strength and power. 




He is our Hero!

Our mighty warrior!

He will fight for us.

He will bring us Peace when we know no peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7