Friday, August 25, 2017

I want to be like my "Daddy"



For I will remember their iniquities no more...




"I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake, And I will not remember your sins.





Several months ago I became aware of my lack of love for others unlike me.  Maybe just really

hard people to love...because of their sin.  Sin that hurt or affected me in some way.  In

our relationship.  As we rubbed shoulders and noses with each other.  The conflicts were 

unavoidable.


My concern though was my heart and my attitude that seemed to rise to the top of my feelings.  It 

affected my response to others.  I could feel the resentment and self righteous attitude.  I knew 

they could sense it also.  I could not rid myself of this heart attitude no matter what I said to

myself.  No matter how hard I prayed...Lord make me sweet.




"Now then," said the Lord, "you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness.






I ask the Lord to not only give me love for people unlike me, but to help me see others as He sees
His people.  



If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that.


I knew to be a follower of Jesus I was not loving as He loved.


For the next days, I prayed I would take the humble position in my relationships.  I needed a heart of grace and actions of mercy as given me.  I needed brokenness and a contorted heart over the love of Jesus for me.  Not only me but His bride, others who worshiped Him.

I needed love that I did not know how to draw on.  How to let love overflow in me, especially 
to those where there maybe a disagreement or not of like mind.


I began to see people differently.  The Father says He does not see our sin.  That He does
not condemn us.  When He looks at us He sees the perfect life of Jesus that He lived in our place, for us.  As I looked at others, I began to see the gifts of the Spirit in them.  If
they sinned I saw it as an opportunity to pray for them. To share with them my own struggle. I began to see and claim redemption in their lives.  I prayed boldly.  I believed God was up to something good no matter how difficult the situation was for me or others. 


I began to have courage and make myself 

take the next steps in faith.

I moved in areas that were unfamiliar.

I became more aware of the sweetness of Jesus.

The love of my "Abba", my "Daddy"  for me.

I saw the identity and inheritance God had given me in Jesus.

I was completely overcome.


I began to see myself as partnering with the Spirit in the lives of others.  Being in tune with

what He wanted me to do to bring about the glory of God in others lives.





As I am resting and leaning in Jesus love for others my joy is complete in Him.

Contentment is in serving Jesus by serving other.

Gratitude is healing in my own heart.   Joy and strength

found at the feet of Jesus.






The Cross.








This is friends from my church.  We had a great time at Ford Farms.  I want to be like them.  


They love people from the depths of their hearts.  Sacrificially without a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7