Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Just give me Jesus with a smile.


Jesus met no strangers.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.






As long as I can remember I have talked to God and about Him.  Even as a  child He occupied my seemingly every thought.

I remember talking to several friends as we walked...They both ask me.  Is it natural to talk about God all the time.  My response was...What else is there.

Even now He occupies my thinking.  My dr says I am overly religious.  I am consumed with thoughts about my faith.  He thinks this is part of my illness.  I would respond and say...It is just as I am.  It is who I am.

I do not mean to imply that I am overly saintly or spiritual it is just my life.  My life with Christ.  I filter everything and everyone through who God is and who I am.



God is continually working in me and my heart to bring me to a greater trust in Him.  I have been told I am obsessed with religion.  It just is who I am.  I don't know how to not think on Jesus.


I have been consumed by the thoughts of my sin.  I had to work on not being obsessed with inward thinking.


There were times when I was sick I would spend hours in quiet and meditation.  Jesus and the Father and Spirit are my constant companion.  They enter my life through thought of their love for me.  They continually teach me, correct me, comfort me, draw me and lead me where I should go.  I am one with them through the grace and compassion and love of God for  me.  He loved me in my mothers womb.  Some of my thinking is natural.


I  have many friends and our time is spent talking about the gospel and how God is working in our families and our lives.  It is a joy to be with them and pray for our families and teach each other.


There was a time I did not talk about God so much.  Then I thought it is who I am.  I am not going to change and not talk about the love of my life.  So I began to talk about God more graciously.  God worked in me and I think my family and others began to see change in me.  I was not just a preacher that talked and didn't live what I believed.  God humbled us all and we began to love each other with a pure love and selfless love and it showed.


I see God in and though everything.  His heart has become my heart over the years and His desires mine.  It has taken a lot of suffering and guidance and help from others more wise than me to bring me to a point of the joy that I have with God.  I depend on those more wise than me to guide me and I am so very thankful.  I learn from everyone.  My children are some of my greatest teachers about God and life and people.  They are wise beyond their years and I pray for them to love God more than anything.


This is just a few lines into who I am and how I walk with Jesus.  He is my constant companion.  He is teaching me now about His glorious righteousness and peace and contentment in Him.  How my life is not my own.  I am not my own.  I am His servant and it is a joy!  I Have learned this through much pride discontentment, jealously of the life I wanted and didn't have.  I have been healed and loved into the kindness of God beyond the preciousness of a child that I am and do not deserve.  My love continues to grow and I continue to see how I bring nothing to Jesus but my heart and that is a challenge.






]

All I know is God pours His grace out on a lost people and it sings with hope and joy in the midst of a world that is His own.

I love to talk to my special friends about my relationship with God and my family.  I boast in my weakness that Gods glory might shine.   I talk to everybody and any body about it.  I don't have to know them to ask them if I can pray for them.  To tell them what God is doing.  To ask them if they know Jesus.  To ask them if Jesus is why they smile or are so happy.  It is the greatest joy in my life to talk to anyone anywhere about my Savior.  He is who I want to grow to serve and when I serve others it is partners with Him, for and with Him.  I see it as never before and with great joy this is not my life.  I have been bought with a price and Redeemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7