Saturday, May 17, 2014

A New Thang!







All of creation speaks of God doing a new thing, the gospel, the Word of God.  God has been doing a new thing in me.  I am a recovering perfectionist, and extremist. I do all or nothing.  I may always have these tendencies but God is changing me.  To let go of the past, good and bad, can be hard, painful.  It is a kind of death it feels like.  We can get stuck in the mud of what is familiar and comfortable even if it is something hard or good that has happened.  I think of Lots wife.  God was trying to lead them to a better place.  It was a new place, better for them.  It was fearful.  They didn't know what to do with themselves so Sarah looked back.  This was the very thing she was told not to do.  We do that sometimes.  She turned to a pillar of salt.

God has been very patient, kind and long-suffering with me.  When you are trying to let go of the past and move to a new thing and you don't know what to do, AA says just do the next right thing.  Elizabeth Elliott says when you are overwhelmed just do the next thing.  Sometimes when we feel lost and don't know what to do we just take the next step trusting God to lead us, in faith.  Grace is not there to make us feel like we can handle something.  It is there when we need it, in the moment.

I began writing the blog because I wanted to share Gods faithfulness to the unfaithful.  I have not lost that but God is doing a new thing.  The blog will be different.  I hope much better.  I want the Spirit to give me fresh ideas.  I hope you enjoy, pass along, and see the difference.  I want it to be fun.  Somethings we do has to be hard but writing a blog is not one of them.

So I am excited where the Spirit will lead us together in the days and weeks to come.  He always surprises me by His grace.  

Thank you for your prayers.  God is answering them all over the place.  I am taking it slow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7