Friday, December 1, 2017

Advent: Day 1...Let your light SHINE!


But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.




I am taking this day by day, but today I write.  The first day of Advent actually begins Sun.


We all have a side of light but also a darker side.  It is the gospel.


We may or may not know the things that bring out this darker side.  Maybe anger in not getting the life you so dreamed of...a great job, wonderful obedient children, a good marriage...you name it...beauty, traffic or a line much too long for your schedule.  The interruption in the day you planned,
your reputation questioned as a spouse, parent, christian, a clear mind, physical health...the list could go on an on.


I had considered it might be the will of God to not give me what I think I needed.  But to see it as

part of His marvelous plan that I be weak, in this particular way, was beyond my acceptance until

now.  As I have seen this mind of mine is His plan, in this fallen world, to bring glory to His Son.

This has never brought more joy.  The thoughts may remain, but they do not define God or me.  I do

not believe the lie that I will not get better.  As they are with me today, in my broken state of

mind, they do not have power over me.  When confronted with the darker side I ask the Lord to

remind me I am forgiven.  To search my heart and pour out His love to me.  To search me and

change me.  To give me His love Himself and others.   We can be set free,  although we will struggle

with the dark side, the flesh, in this life.  We can know life and life's abundant joy by knowing

who God is and who we are.


Whatever brings out the dark side...know this truth...You are in the light.




You and I are washed in the blood.  We are the righteousness of Christ in Him.  He is cleansing us
through the filth to bring us out of darkness into the light.  He is washing us in the blood of Jesus
to live in the righteousness of Jesus.

So embrace your weakness...your fallenness and trust yourself to the cleansing power of God to bring

about the refining fire of worship to the one true God this Christmas.


There was a star directing the way to Jesus that night some 2,000 years ago.  May we be a light to a

dying world.  Take the time to bring light to those throughout your day.  It is amazing what a smile,

a Merry Christmas.  I appreciate what you do.   Spoken to those you come in contact with during

your day this Christmas Season...This Advent.  As you share the joy of Christ...of Christmas, watch

the faces of those you bless light up too!

 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7