Sunday, December 31, 2017

Man's Best Friend?



Jesus promises to be closer than a brother.  He promises to be our friend.





I want a dog. I love that animal...mans best friend. But I am amazed at how it seems we trade real relationships for media and now everyone has to have their therapy dog. I am not against social media or having a pet. As I said I want one too. But as I inquired about having one of these type dogs, they are hundreds of dollars. I hope to get one through my dr.  Will you pray this happens.  People will not go anywhere without their dog. They were all over New York and Atlanta as we went to have my husband honored at these event.  We were at beautiful hotels and these people carried and and leached their little fellows.

 I even think of security blankets. I have a blanket that reminds me of the righteousness of Christ. I guess it does comfort me.  I saw a lady with her pillow and blanket.  I have friends who take their blankets everywhere they go overnight.  Not a bad Idea I thought.  I love my blanket.

As I have been at these wonderful events honoring my husband, family and Clemson I have been so prompted to speak to people who come into my path a word of encouragement. It is amazing the blank look people have as they are focused on getting where they have to go.  Once I speak and am interested in the person and what they are doing.  I see amazing things happen to these people.  The love of Christ comes to them from me and such joy and smiles come over their faces.
I think we all are looking to this world for the things Jesus was meant to give us, like comfort, security, identity, love. Once again I say these are not bad things. 
I was even talking to a coaches wife last night at diner. We were discussing how women look for their husbands to meet their need of identity. Only Jesus can give us these things offered to us in the gospel. I shared with my  new friend,  how doing this sucks the life out of your husband and your marriage.   To look to your spouse and expect him or her to meet the deepest need you are trying to fill will only leave you desiring more.

I think of the woman at the well.  Jesus knew all about her.  She was trying to meet her need for love and identity in having a husband.  Jesus told her that if she drank the water He offered she would thrust no more.  We all long to be known and to be loved.  This woman was told by Jesus to tell others.  He knows me and you completely.  He is our living water and so is His WORD.  He is the WORD.  We can have intimacy in our relationships, but we are too busy and too protected to let others into our struggles and our stories where it relationship is found.

Love, acceptance, comfort, security, identity  are to be received by us from Christ, by His Spirit. As the 2018 year approaches I want to allow more room in my heart to experience and receive more of Christ in my heart. To return to my first Love. Our children nor our husbands, nor our families are meant to be first. Jesus tells us that we are to love him more than our father and mother.
Only when we can find out true identity in Christ and allow Him to more and more fill the spaces of our heart can we love others selfishly. When we find personal relationship, acceptance and love that we long for in Jesus is when...Only then, can we begin to love God with our whole heart and others as ourselves.
We are told not to love the creation more than the Creator. We love because He first loved us. I pray for His life and love and surrender to be mine.  For His Holy Spirit to continue to make His home my heart.

Who is your best friend?








No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7