Thursday, January 11, 2018

THE SPIRAL AFTER THE NEW YEAR, CHRISTMAS









This year has been a special year, as my husband had been honored and chosen for the National Coaches Award.  This was such a fun and yet humbling experience as we were hosted in New York, Atlanta and at Clemson.   We meet some of the greatest winning coaches and players.  We met many of their wives.  It was one event after another since Thanksgiving.

I predecided I would enjoy these events and all that they offered before even going.  It was a grace thing that gave me the faith to do this.

Remembering the past years of Thanksgiving, followed by Christmas... they were followed by a downward spiral.  A depression even.  These holidays required such energy and excitement and then BOOM things were over just as quick as the New Year that followed.

I wonder if we press ourselves into New Years resolutions...into being and having a better year in the coming year.  Just to help dig ourselves out of the let down that sometimes follow Christmas.

By chance have you had a let down after the holidays?  The friends and family are gone and life is back to normal.  Eventhough I had a temptation for this pattern to follow this year and the wonderful times we had...I realized that by the grace of God.  I could not only experience them with great joy.  But I could maintain joy in my life in the afterwards.

Every morning I wake and I give my day to the Lord.  I ask for His heart, mind, Spirit and surrender.  I ask Him for surprises and guess what!  I get them.  Sometimes faster than I can keep up physically, really.

I have seen that Christmas is not just once a year, but that our Lord loves to keep giving good gifts.  If He would give us His Spirit what good thing would He keep from us, His children.
It seems to me the world is starving for Jesus and encouragement.  I love to give it.  So I have great expectancy that God will bring people in my life for me to encourage and build up in the faith.

I don't plan my day, apart from Him, and fight when there is interruptions.  I have come to know that Jesus is the one interrupting and it is for living the life He has promised.

It is such a joy to come in contact with people through out my day.  I remember a young lady at the dollar store.  I greeted her with how are you.  I appreciate what you do.  I said your smile makes me wonder if you love Jesus.  She said yes I do.  I have waited so long for Him to show me what He wants me to do.  I replied sweetheart, you are doing it.  Give Jesus to others right where you are.  I told her of my prayer and I said you are one of those surprises today.

She teared up and said really?  I said absolutely.  Don't wait for something big to happen.  Live today, in the moments that Jesus gives you.

I use to think writing a book, a blog or speaking to a stadium of women was my calling.  I have learned Jesus was interested more in individuals.  He spoke to the multitudes but even then, He was interested in the person.  Learning to live in the place Jesus has me today has been eye opening for me.  I don't wait for great opportunities to come along some day.  I am having the time of my life living and enjoying others and Jesus today.

We are told whether we eat or drink or whatever we do to do it for the glory of God.  I think of the mother with a house full of little ones.  Maybe the everyday chores seem to have beaten her down.  Does she see that she gives God glory in serving her family.  That there is an eternal glory being given and will be given for Jesus and the Father? That she will share not only in the eternal glory of Jesus but find joy in her present circumstances.  There is nothing too small to be done for Jesus.   I want to encourage her to keep her eyes on Jesus and ask for His strength and joy.

I want to tell women, to serve their husband as unto the Lord.  To love others with the love of Jesus. In investing in your children or the children of others, you are building the kingdom.   Expect great surprises from Jesus as we surrender our Lord of Lords.  I want to even speak to the single woman...Take a nap.  Sit at the feet of Jesus and receive the love God has for you and give it away.  Serve widows and love the poor but remember it is Jesus our hearts long for.  Don't be afraid to ask for more of His Spirit and to give Him more of you, your heart.  Only then can you give it away with great joy!

This is how Christmas does not stop, but we, like Jesus, we move into the lives and hearts of others.

FIND JOY

FIND JESUS

SING THE SONG OF THE GOSPEL

REMEMBER YOU ARE LOVED, FORGIVEN.  GOD IS WITH YOU AND WILL NEVER EVER LEAVE.

IN THE HERE AND NOW!








No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7