Saturday, January 20, 2018

God knocks down walls...to rescue you and me



RELINQUISHING OUR RIGHTS AS CHRISTIANS...

GODS OWN CHILD





Gods ways are not our ways...

Have you heard the word before, surrender?  Wondering what it truly meant?

Have you thought...God is on my side.  I know He wants what I want?

Have you wanted a good marriage?  Obedient children?  To be rid of a sin you couldn't quiet get under control.  No matter how hard you tried?  A good job and an orderly home?

Have you wanted good health but yet the pain persisted?

Have you felt all alone in your struggles?

Have you wanted to know God more but yet He seemed unreachable in your present circumstances.

Have you prayed to be a good wife and mother?  Knowing all the while you were failing?

Have you yearned to be the best christian you could be?  But saw nothing but failure?


I HAVE!

God is not only there for you when you are victorious but HE IS THERE FOR THE STRUGGLER!

THERE ARE NO WALLS HE WON'T KNOCK DOWN...TO RESUCE YOU AND ME!  NOTHING CAN STOP HIM!




I remember learning to surrender. But honestly I thought God wanted what I wanted.   I really did not understand that Gods ways were not my ways.  He was not as interested in me having the things I desired as much as the process of trusting Him, right where I was.  That what I need to do was to relinquish my rights...no matter how good they seemed.

Paul ask three times that the thorn in his flesh be removed.  God was not moved.  He told Paul His grace was sufficient.  God used many things, including Paul's suffering to the point of death.  For Paul to trust in Jesus and not Himself.

People, even the disciples were looking for a Savior.  They thought it was in Jesus until, he suffered and died on the cross.  Things did not happen as they expect.  Gods ways are not our ways.

Jesus left His comfort, joy and delight in the completely satisfying intimacy with the Father and Spirit for a great joy and a calling.  To come and rescue you and me from Satan's hold on us and from our flesh.  The selfish desires we have.

Although my desires were good.  They were all about me.  My motives for wanting a good thing, that God perhaps even wanted, were wrong.  All wrong.  God has given me my desires but in His timing and in His ways.  I love my husband and have a great family.


I have learned to relinquish my rights.  My rights to have things, even good things, my way.  God has given me the desires of my heart.  But I had wrong motives for wanting good things.  My trust is in Jesus now not in myself.  I had to be willing to surrender to my loving Father and accept His will for me.

Jesus did this as He prayed not my will but yours oh Father.


Suppose God is more interested in the process than giving you what you think you need.  I was finding my identity in these things I have listed above.  It was about my glory and not His.  I wanted God and others to think well of me.  As a public figure I wanted to stand for God.  Not realizing that it was a reputation I could not fill on my own.


We are told that the day of evil will come.  We are being freed from these selfish, even good, desires into a life of trusting God.  Living by faith.  Satan has blinded us.  The Spirit has come as our helper.  Jesus said He must go to send us the Spirit.

When we sin, we are going into a direction of our own. Trusting in ourselves and our works.  Not the finished work of Jesus.  Repentance is a turning from going to us as god of our lives,  until we confess these acts and thought of pride to God.  He draws us and brings us to repentance.  We cannot bring ourselves to this broken place of trust in God.  But we do cooperate with what God is doing.  We can ask for the gift of repentance.

WE ARE NOT ORPHANS BUT CHILDREN OF GOD.  WE CRY OUT "ABBA".


God tore down the walls between heaven and earth.  The curtain was torn that separates us from God.  The Father delivered His most precious gift to earth to tare down our walls of separation from Him and ultimately others. He broke through Satan's hold on us to free us to have intimacy with Him.  We protect ourselves by building walls of self protection from Him and the people in our lives.  Jesus was truthful, vulnerable and humble.  We are able to go to that place of beauty with Him and a dying world.  To tell of His greatness and wonder.  To open our hearts to His Spirit.  To let others see our weakness and His strength.  To give them the hope that we have in Jesus.









No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7