Saturday, August 8, 2015

I just wantta be me!

Eric Liddell: I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure.


The Sovereign LORD has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.



I just wantta be me, how about you?  Are you confused, floundering, feel as you are wasting your time or too busy to breathe, much less be used by God?

Who are you?  Do you know who you really are?  Do you like yourself?  Do you know God likes you too?

Grab a cup of coffee.  Pretend you are at the farm, Ford Farms, on my porch with me.  Sit back and lets talk.  Lets talk about you and God and who you want to be.


Not too long ago a friend, her name is Julie,  told me, in the most kindest of words, I am not happy with who I am.  I have been thinking a lot about this statement, she made to me.  At first I put myself down...I am not lovable.  Poor me, no body is there for me.  No one loves me.  Look what a mess I am.  The whispers of my seared consciousness poured through my mind.  They say the most beautiful of women, when they look in the mirror, she sees flaws.  I spiraled and felt angry at others and felt sorry for myself.  My self righteousness in pity grew.  This was not of God, but from the enemy.  Satan was trying to strip me of my faith.  Of believing God has been faithful to me and that He is good and loving.  That He is for me and on my side.  That He is always at work in me, making me more like His Son, Jesus.  That people have been there for me in more ways than I can count.  I am dearly and unconditionally loved by more people than I can count.  They encourage me and pray for me and have been a better friend than I will ever be.

Tim Keller said something like this...humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less.  I was consumed with self.  But God did an amazing thing and I want to tell you about it.

In grade school, I always wanted to be the most liked and maybe I was, by the titles I held.  Someone on fb said recently, we can't all be the queen but you can sit on the curb and wave as I pass by.  I have always wanted to be queen.  I have wanted to lead a huge ministry and speak to hundreds, ok thousands of women, in a football stadium. I wanted to write books and sign autographs at a Christian book store and speak in churches.  I had convinced myself that this was for Gods glory,  but it was not.  I can see this now.  I loved the stage and wanted to be the center of it.  Very humbling for the Spirit to show me such things this morning as I sit in the quiet with Him.  My friends voted me as their queen, but the most fun thing they did for me was vote me for cheerleader.  I love to cheer people on.  That is who I am.



Over the years, I have done many of these things, I wanted to do.  I was not happy in these things. I did it to be loved and accepted by others.  It is not my gift.  I am an encourager and for the first time in my life, I am comfortable with the gifts the Lord has given me.  I have a place and a purpose in the kingdom and it is tailored for me and the building up of His body.  I am not a leader and I am not a follower of man.  I am an encourager of him.  I see the uniqueness and beauty of this gift, as are all of Gods gifts.  I cannot handle the limelight or the spotlight.  I am too proud of a person.  Those who are first shall be last and those who are last shall be first.  I don't think I am either.  I just want to be with Him.  I have had a life to make me dependent and not self reliant and this is where I want to be.  God knows this about me.  He has given me this desire and he is pleased in it for me and His glory.  He likes me and you, "alot."

You are unique and special.  You are created in the image of God.  You are His most prized of all the creation.  You are created to reflect His glory and be in His likeness.  ONE DAY YOU WILL BE ON DISPLAY FOR ALL OF HEAVEN TO SEE, JUST HOW HE HAS LOVED YOU AND HOW GREAT AND CREATIVE HE IS.  You have purpose and He has a plan.  Are you all in?


So the first time in my life, I have seen my whole life, as God getting me into a position of serving and usefulness in the kingdom.  I am comfortable with who I am and I am enjoying living that out.  It is my special place.  I encourage leaders, men and their wives,  those with brain disorders,  to the lady at walmart that has worked all night.  The mom who has struggled to have strength and mind to go on.  The husband, who is beaten down by this world.  I am an encourager.  God has taken me out of the prison of what I thought was my comfort and security into a place that I am secure in Him and comfortable in risk taking, I could jump for joy.  I just want to giggle.

So, I want to encourage you.  You have a special gift.  It is who you are created to be.  God has been preparing you for the good works he prepared before time, now lets walk in them. Talk to a friend.  Pray about it.   Find out what your gifting is.  I am so happy to be here.  I see the weakness in people and this is where I seek to build them up in the faith.  I see their strengths and help them see them too.  I know who they are in Christ and try to assist God in moving them to a place of freedom.  My heart seeks out the lowly and the depressed and those who just can't go on, to those who just need an encouraging word.

We all are meant to be an encourager.  I am not alone in this. Encouragement is God breathed.  It is the very breath of God to another.   Encouragement changes people, not people evaluation and critique.  It can be, that one of the hardest places to encourage, is in our own homes and family.  We  give the same encouragement we see we are given by Jesus.  We are not to motivate by fear or guilt but by encouragement.  Seek to encourage those in your life today, wherever you are or whomever you come in contact with.  You can learn and grow in becoming an encourager.  It comes easier for some than for others.  I began, out of a lack rather than a fullness.  I needed encouragement, so I encouraged.  Now I am doing it out of my fullness, out of my giftedness, out of grace.  I have learned much from my friend Brenda.  She gives little, special gifts and notes especially with others in mind.  I love doing this.  She always encourages me.

So my word to you today, Gods word I believe is... learn to love who you are.  Not your flaws, but see how God has used your weakness to gift you.  Serve Him and others with the joy within your soul, that tickles you pink.  Jesus came to serve, not to be served.  It will be one of the most fun times of your life.  You will join hands with Jesus and the Spirit in serving and loving others.  In helping them be the most they can be.  In helping them find out who they really are, redeemed. I am not saying we don't want to continually change but we are finding our deepest longings in Gods world. We don't earn Gods love by working for Him but He gives us work to do because He loves us.  This is where we are happiest, in enjoying Him and giving Him all the credit due Him.  We are in the brilliance of Christ.  His glow shines through us, His glory.  It is in the fullness of Him that we are most joyful and most letting Him live through us.  It may not be a life you chose, but it is a life better than that.  Much better.  I have been at the very top, as a wife of the nations most success coach, at one time,  to the bottom, behind locked doors of a mental hospital.  Neither was who I am designed to be. It is not my identity.  It was just part of my journey, to become who I am, a christian, a wife, a mother, a friend and an encourager.  I am my parents daughter.  I am a child of the King, sent out to encourage the world.  Now,  I just wanta be me.  Christ came to give us life and life abundant.  What motivates, encourages and sustains me is Gods love for me, shown in Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7