Friday, June 13, 2014

Feeling Discouraged?

Rebecca Halton



Feeling Discouraged?Sent Thursday, June 12, 2014View as plaintext
Hi !
Can we talk for a second? I need to be honest with you: I've had some tough days. I'm sure you have, too -- which is why I'm sharing this with you...
...I want you to know that you're not alone. 
As difficult as some days have been -- since writing my first book three and a half years ago, or starting my own freelance-writing business last summer -- I wouldn't trade it. I hope I don't have to: I love what I do.

  • I love that I am a writer. Maybe you do, too, or maybe you have another dream (that's okay). 
  • I love that I'm able to share my message of hope -- of freedom and life after making some really bad choices in my early 20s. 
  • I love that there are two sleeping dogs within view right now (because I'm writing to you from my home-office).

But there are some really tough days. Days where I'm really tempted to give up. There have been tears, and there has been teeth-gritting. I've pleaded with God to prove He hadn't forgotten me, and I've willed myself to worship. 
Then other days, I've just eaten chocolate and called it a night. 
And oddly enough -- though some of my toughest circumstances haven't changed YET -- there is this undercurrent of supernatural HOPE. I am hopeful. I am optimistic. And I am praying for you.
Hang in there. Your dreams have purpose, and you have value. 
With love,
Rebecca
P.S. I'd be honored to further encourage you on Facebook and Twitter, where I also offer free coaching and business tips, resources and more! So come say hi!
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7