Tuesday, June 3, 2014

DumbSheepDave

What’s so great about suffering?

It’s the primary way I see Jesus growing believers to be more dependent on Himself.  Suffering is not just physical, but can also be emotional/spiritual, like fresh conviction of sin, which at first seems unhelpful, not what I wanted, but afterward, I’m so grateful to be sane again, experiencing once again, the abundant LIFE Jesus promised –  unconditional love from Himself, and from me to me.  My flesh resists suffering of any kind, but especially fresh conviction of sin, because my flesh wants me to think highly of myself, that I’m worthy, noble, better than others, does not want me to see the truth about dysfunctional me, others, Jesus, and His genius plan for my life.  Get used to disappointment, Dave’sFlesh.   Suffering produces perseverance, then character, then hope/faith/dependency.  I’ve been searching for 25 years for a believer who really loves Jesus, but has experienced little suffering.  So far, I have not found even one person.

–DumbSheepDave, giddy about Jesus-dependency, each time the Spirit has convicted him of the sin of independence, hoping the pre-believers are noticing the difference in the past year

To receive my weekly updates, email me, or search for GospelFriendships (one word) on Facebook, and "like" the page, or subscribe to my blog: dumbsheepdave.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7