Saturday, March 29, 2014

Til Next Time



Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not [a]take care of You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’

Who is that?  As I look through my kitchen door, through my screened in porch. Someone, aimlessly walking around in the drizzling rain without a care in the world, in the back yard and into the cook house.  You never know around here so I kept watch.  They came onto the back porch wiping the rain from their arms and then removing their hat and shaking the rain from their head.

Danny isn't hear.  Do you want to call him?  He is over at the barn.  Yeah, I hear the saw.  I knew his face but could not remember his name.  Many people know Danny but this one was at least familiar.  Why don't you drive around the farm and go through the back side.  He is at the barn, I repeat.  I will just walk through the pasture.  I repeat.  Call him. It is muddy.  It is not hard to find.  He will be hear soon.  He has an appointment.  Things I was saying just don't ever seem to register with him now or in the past.  He leaves and I go about my work.

In a short while Danny returns with him following close behind.  I got to go get ready and leave, just have a seat. He sat down just like he was home and welcomed.  I am praying.  Lord don't let Danny leave me, I don't know what to say.  He sits on the porch.  You got any apples.  No, oh, you want an apple to eat sure.  You want a drink?  How about a coke.  No.  He sits on the porch waiting on Danny to get dressed for his appointment.  I feel lost.  I don't know what to do, making cookies.  Then it came to me.  You do unto the least of these you do unto me.  I say, do you want to come in.  No, I am fine.  How you been.  The conversations continues and so does the voice.  You do unto the least of these you do unto me.  He continues to smile and eat his apple.

This man was so unlike me.  He had limitations which is fine, so do I.  But I had a hard time relating to him.  I could shut him out and pretend he was not here or I could love him with the love of Jesus.  Where are you staying I ask as he is from out of town.  At the Days Inn.  I will stay here next time.  You do unto the least of these you do unto me.  I thought to myself, we can do that.

Danny came around the door, with ease.  I gotta go fella.  You come back now.  The young man following him around the corner.  Till next time.

I thought in many ways I am like this young man.  I have entered into the house of the Lord on the arms of Jesus.  I am so unlike them but the Father has taken me in, loved me and treated me like family because I am with Jesus.  I feel the love and acceptance.  The sense of belonging and importance because I am His.  I am fearless.  I have a smile on my face.  I don't have a care in the world because I am His.  I feel at home and welcome.  I maybe different but because of Jesus I belong and am loved.  I love you Jesus.  You loved me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7