Saturday, November 9, 2013

Life-Changing Words

One of my most memorable words from God came at a time when I was so broken I didn't think I could ever be mended. My sense of being a "good Christian" was waning, my health was weakening, my marriage seemed to be more difficult than I could face, the reputation for godliness I had tried sooooooooo hard to build by appearance, talent, perfecting, hard work, serious study, raising godly kids, and keeping the peace, was crumbling at my feet.

In a moment of "I give up," on life, and even on God, He spoke a Scripture reference in my heart. With the tiniest speck of hope, I looked it up. It said that Jesus was able to save to the uttermost.

Suddenly, God shifted the responsibility from me about being a godly person to Jesus. For the first time I understood from the inside out that Jesus didn't save me and then expect me to live the Christian life by my own grit.  My failures were just as saved as my "good."  I didn't have to try and try, I could trust and trust.

Literally, that verse brought me from the dark deeps of depression to a spiritual jubilation.  My spirituality is held in Jesus' heart for all time. He loves it out. He lives it out. He lauds it before my Father. He is my uttermost saving, keeping, all in all forever and ever.  ~  martha langley


"[Jesus Christ] is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them." Hebrews 7:25

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7