Monday, May 14, 2018

I celebrate all "women" this week.



 I had such joy in being a mother to my four children.  It was what I wanted most in life was to be a good mom. No one could love their children more than me.  It is one of the greatest gifts the Father has given me, my four children.  It was a desire of my heart that I have been blessed in such a wonderful way.  I think we all feel we have failed as a mother to our children or a daughter to our mother. It is only Gods grace that allows us to see that we can't mess up so much in our roles as mother and daughter that God cannot make something beautiful out of our mistakes.   We are not perfect as mothers and daughters but it does not mean we do not love each other dearly.

 Once we see that our children are on loan to us by God.  That He is partnering with us as a partner the pressure of parenting is so lessen we get to enjoy our family and our God in ways that bring such joy to the precious opportunity and blessing God has given us.

Not every woman is a mother by birth the birth of their child.  Some God has given them the gift of adoption.  There are also special people who are single that He has given them children to love through friends that need help in their parenting.  I have some special people who loved my children and helped me love them.  It was the sweetness of my loving Father.  He loves my children more than I ever could.

We as a body of Christ are in one family.  It is our joy to help each other raise these children for the glory of God and His kingdom.  What a beautiful picture we have as we unite together in this practical picture that God has given us of His family.  This is the gospel.  We are adopted into this family that God loves with all His heart.  He is our Abba.

So happy Mothers Day to every woman out there.  To single moms.  I applaud you.  You are brave.  I want to encourage you ladies who long for children of your own.  There are woman who would love, love, love for you to come along side them in parenting.  Be encouraged.  Take a little love and come alone side these women and their children.  You have much wisdom to offer as a single woman or even an older mother.  Move into a woman's need for help in raising her children with your gifts as a woman.  You will bless her more than you can imagine.  To those of you who chose adoption.  How precious is this that you would give a child a loving home.  Just like our "Father"in heaven, who has adopted us.  To those mothers who foster children.  Your hearts are gold.  It is a precious calling.

 I was one of those woman who needed help raising my children later in life,  especially when I was sick.  My children were far apart in age so it was like I had two families.   I was so blessed by those who came into my children's lives during this time.  Like my husbands sister.  My sister.  Our good friends in Arkansas.  They were there for my children and I am so thankful for woman like these.

Also I want to remember the women who were there for my children and me when I was overwhelmed by my responsibilities  as a head coaches wife.  These woman are still in my life loving me and my children well.  I remember us praying for our children, their lives, their mates, Gods plans for them and their love for God from the time they were born.

The time with your children can seem like a lifetime but it passes so fast.  I have wonderful memories of my children.  Their uniqueness and their laughter and the memories of their childhood brings me such joy just remembering.

Most of all, I miss my own, wonderful Mom!  I wish I had lived closer and had more time with her after my children were born.  We all did the best we could.  She had such a positive effect on my life and the lives of my children.  May I be such a mem to my own grandchildren, whom I love dearly.

Happy Mothers Day ladies.  Love your world well...









No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7