Sunday, December 25, 2016

Let the light shine




God with us...

What would Christmas look like if the meaning of Christmas went deeper than the gifts, the food, the games, rest, work...





.

This year it took all of us working together to find that special time doing memory things.  

The girls and guys shopped.  They also cooked.  There were deserts such as dipping chocolates and cookie making and decorating.







My family is wonderful and they really took up the slack for me.

I am reminded that Jesus came into this dark world to enter my dark heart to show me my sin and selfishness but that He loves me oh so much.  This is the gospel I want my family to remember year after year.

The way they served each other brings me to worship.  Not that we are not without fault but this is a broken world and we all need Jesus to give us an unselfish love that He has given to us.

We had wonderful meal after another with friends and family.  We didn't even drag out the Christmas  China this year but the paper big plates and the red dixie cups.  It just did not get done this year.  One daughter decorated, my son helped entertain and he and the grandson cooked.  My husband cooked at his cook house.  My other daughters shared in the cooking and they all helped me buy presents.  It was a grand effort.






So the question at the end of the birthday of Jesus is was He the center of our time?  Did we love each other in an open and kind way?

It is will you come to the dark corners of my heart Lord and shine your light there.  May I be open about my self-centeredness and be changed.  Will you rescue me from me and may I love in ways I have been too proud to love before for your praise.  May I not want recognition but want others to see you, Jesus, not me in me.  May I be thankful for my family and friends and your gift of mercy and grace Jesus.




At the end of our time together and quiet falls upon the space we all were...I hear the whisper of the Lord and I love you princess.  My heart draws in His promise to never leave me and dwell within me and mine forever more.  Praise abounds for a love and heart I cannot make happen.  His!




No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7