Friday, June 13, 2014

Feeling Discouraged?

Rebecca Halton



Feeling Discouraged?Sent Thursday, June 12, 2014View as plaintext
Hi !
Can we talk for a second? I need to be honest with you: I've had some tough days. I'm sure you have, too -- which is why I'm sharing this with you...
...I want you to know that you're not alone. 
As difficult as some days have been -- since writing my first book three and a half years ago, or starting my own freelance-writing business last summer -- I wouldn't trade it. I hope I don't have to: I love what I do.

  • I love that I am a writer. Maybe you do, too, or maybe you have another dream (that's okay). 
  • I love that I'm able to share my message of hope -- of freedom and life after making some really bad choices in my early 20s. 
  • I love that there are two sleeping dogs within view right now (because I'm writing to you from my home-office).

But there are some really tough days. Days where I'm really tempted to give up. There have been tears, and there has been teeth-gritting. I've pleaded with God to prove He hadn't forgotten me, and I've willed myself to worship. 
Then other days, I've just eaten chocolate and called it a night. 
And oddly enough -- though some of my toughest circumstances haven't changed YET -- there is this undercurrent of supernatural HOPE. I am hopeful. I am optimistic. And I am praying for you.
Hang in there. Your dreams have purpose, and you have value. 
With love,
Rebecca
P.S. I'd be honored to further encourage you on Facebook and Twitter, where I also offer free coaching and business tips, resources and more! So come say hi!
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment

          LETS BE REAL...   No matter our struggles or how long we struggle God will never leave us or give up on us.       One of the thing...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7