Excellence of Love
1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body [a]to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 [b]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. x
My first reaction today was thinking of someone I thought had disappointed me. I called and ask my husband to dinner. He said he would be going to a basketball game. Did I mind. Initially it hurt my feelings. My next though was I would really love some tulips. We talked again and he said Today is valentines. I am not going to the game. I told him what I would really like was some flowers. He insisted on dinner. I told him I had already made plans. To go and have a great time.
The Father loved me first. Why do I think of how others respond to me rather than how can I love this person. Sitting and soaking in the Fathers presence. Loving my family and friends. I love you and praying for you today. That the love of God so fills your heart you spill over to whomever you see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LETS BE REAL... No matter our struggles or how long we struggle God will never leave us or give up on us. One of the thing...
"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7
-
Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...
-
Phil 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto hi...
-
B roken is B eautiful Who I am is who I believe I am to be Almost two years ago I wrote I was packing my bags and finding out who I re...
No comments:
Post a Comment