co-dependency use to be my drug of choice. For instance if my husband was happy I was happy. If someone approved of what I was doing or saying it was ok then. I was a people pleaser. Keep the peace. Don't cause or contribute to conflict. This is how I responded from everything just keep the peace and try to keep everyone happy. This is not possible. Guilt and shame and anger kept me going around in circles. I reacted any way I could to keep these three things quieted deep with in my heart.
Now I don't need their approval. I can love them instead. I listen to God, through His Spirit, to lead my way. I can hear that still small voice saying go this way. He directs my path.
Scripture says if you are a pleaser of man you cannot please God. I am ok no matter what my circumstances or who is upset with me. I can try to solve the issue but it does not determine my peace and joy. God does.
Now I ask God about everything. He is my constant companion. I talk to Him throughout my day. He is with me no matter where I go. I can lean on Him no matter what. He is my Savior and my Lord.
It is a freedom I have found to love others but first of all to Love God. My life is surrendered to Him daily. Oh I fail many times. But like the prodigal Son I know the way back home and my Father is running toward me with open arms. He welcomes me back with a party.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LETS BE REAL... No matter our struggles or how long we struggle God will never leave us or give up on us. One of the thing...
"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7
-
Letting go I don't pretend to understand it. But there is something to surrendering, letting go. Some how when we let go and give...
-
Not just survive but thrive “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are TRUE, whatsoever things are HONEST, whatsoever things are JUST, whatso...
-
Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...
No comments:
Post a Comment